Candlelight Restorative - Free Class on December 30 @ 6pm
Restorative yoga is a gentle, slow, meditative style of yoga that involves long, passive holds in a series of restful poses. Yogis are supported by props to achieve a state of total relaxation and release. All levels will benefit from this rejuvenating class. It’s one of the best ways to counter a fast-paced, stressful life off the mat. This style of yoga “restores” the body to its parasympathetic nervous system function, which, in turn, helps the body rest, heal, and restore balance in body and mind
Candlelight Restorative Monthly Class1 hour @ $20.00
We will hold poses a little longer incorporating simple flowing sequences to warm up the body, the movements focusing on alignment, strength, and flexibility. The pace is meditative, emphasizing a steady body and a serene mind. The class will end with a few Restorative poses.
“Yoga is not about touching your toes, it’s all in what you learn on the way down”.
Whether you are looking to teach yoga, deepen your practice, or make a shift in your life, let your journey begin with this 200 Hour teacher training program - Yoga with Wendy B, a Yoga Alliance approved 200 hour TT program. This foundational training will advance your practice, provide the fundamental tools for teaching yoga, and awaken a deeper relationship with yourself and the world around you. The training is a Vinyasa Yoga-based program, with emphasis on breath connection, alignment, anatomy, and the subtle energy of the body. There will be a strong focus on the philosophy of Yoga and bridging the work on the mat with how you live off the mat.
200hr. TT Curriculum
In the Vinyasa style of Yoga, movements are linked and guided by the breath. This continual connection and focus on the breath leads the practitioner deeper within to discover their own inner power. Our training methodology emphasizes the alignment of Eastern and Western Yoga philosophy; the alignment of asana, subtle energy, and the traditional 8-limbed path.
• Attendance for all sessions and a regular yoga practice
• Independent study and reading
• A desire to inspire and empower yourself and others
Yogic Philosophy, Lifestyle and Ethics
· History of Yoga and Yogic texts – Rig Veda, Upanishads, Sutras, Bhagavad Gita
· The Eight Limbed Path
· Yamas and Niyamas – study and application on and off the mat.
Techniques, Training and Practice
· Pillars of Power Yoga
· Pranayama Techniques and Practice
· Introduction to Meditation
· Principles of demos, assists, adjustments and modifications
· Sequencing design, principles and practice
· Linking movement to breath – Breakdown of Sun A and B
· Teaching Poses – foundation, set up, alignment, functional benefits, subtle energy
· Applying Yogic ethics to Yoga business as a Yoga teacher
· Finding your voice: realizing your role as a Yoga teacher
· Communication skills for Yoga teachers
Anatomy and Physiology – Includes Subtle Energy
· Intro to Nadis and Chakras
· Basic principles of Ayurveda
· General anatomical terms & concepts
· Bones, joints, and types of movement
· Review of basic movement and its application in Yoga
· Practice teaching
· Written assignments
· Baron Baptiste – Journey to Power
· David Keil – Functional Anatomy
· Deborah Adele – Yamas and Niyamas
· Nicolai Bachman – The Path of the Yoga Sutras
Yoga Classes with Wendy B. Please sign-up $20/cash/check/credit card
"Em"Power Yoga with Wendy Boscia | Sundays 9-10:15am, Tuesdays 6-7pm, Thursdays 6-7pm; Sat. 8:30-9:30am
Power Yoga is a Vinyasa style of Yoga, in which the movements are linked and guided by the breath. This continual connection and focus on the breath leads the practitioner deeper within to discover their own inner power. Practice begins with centering work and integration with core, followed by a dynamic sequence, and ends with time to assimilate all of the benefits of your hard work. In this practice you will center, flow & build strength in body, mind and soul! Modifications are offered throughout the practice.
Foundational Flow | Monday, Wednesdays and Fridays 8-8:45am with option to stay for additional 15 minute guided meditation
Restorative Yoga | once a month on the 3rd Thursday 7:15-8:15pm
Privates available with Wendy Boscia| ($50/1-2 people) Contact Wendy to arrange a time.
Kundalini Yoga with Kathy Unger | Select Dates – See Services and Workshops Page
Known as the Yoga of Awareness, Kundalini yoga combines dynamic breath work, postures, meditation, sound healing, and mantras. In these classes you will consciously strengthen your body, open your mind, and uplift your spirit. Classes are suitable for beginners and seasoned yogis alike. All welcome! Bring a yoga mat and blanket or bolster, if desired.
$20/sign-up through The Angel Cooperative website NEXT CLASSES NOVEMBER 26 @ 6PM AND DECEMBER 18 @1PM